Travel Is Our Tradition
Posted on 04/19/2023
You may believe us when we claim that sailing the oceans with Holland America Line is a tradition because we have been doing so for more than 150 years. Their cruises provide world-class accommodations, must-see locations, and service that has won awards. They are your dependable vacation companion, not just a cruise line.
Perfectly Sized Ships
The cruise experience is more than just a trip. It's an experience.
Our spacious, mid-sized ships are small enough to reach ports that the megaships cannot, yet large enough for the wealth of dining and entertainment choices our guests have come to expect. And with fewer than 2,500 guests onboard each ship--compared with over 6,000 on many other cruise lines--you'll find yourself feeling like part of a close-knit community where you can make lifelong friends from all over the world.
Holland America Line was founded in 1873 and has been at the forefront of innovation in travel ever since. In fact, we were one of the first cruise lines to offer complimentary Wi-Fi on board all our ships; we also pioneered culinary programs that combine local flavors with international influences.
In addition to being recognized as "Best Cruise Line" by Travel + Leisure magazine readers for ten years running (2014-2023), Holland America Line has received numerous awards for our service and innovation over the years.
Our onboard staff is eager to serve you and help create memories that will last a lifetime. Whatever your pleasure, they're ready to meet your every need. We've been nurturing our service culture for years (150 of them, to be exact). And with more than 150 years in business and more than 800,000 guests served each year, we know what it takes to create rich memories at sea.
Our ships are designed to deliver an unparalleled experience at sea. They're large enough for the wealth of dining and entertainment choices our guests have come to expect, yet small enough to reach ports that the megaships cannot. In addition to daily housekeeping, our staterooms and suites feature generous storage space and our signature Mariner's Dream beds topped with Euro-Top mattresses. In the bathroom, you'll find deluxe bathrobes, premium massage shower heads and luxurious Elemis Aromapure toiletries.
Carefully Crafted Itineraries
Cross oceans, circumnavigate continents, visit UNESCO World Heritage sites and more — right from your doorstep. A simple drive or domestic flight to one of our convenient North America ports unlocks a world of destinations, cultures, and experiences without the challenges of international air travel.
Whether you're enjoying a poolside burger and fries at the Dive-In, tucking into a perfectly cooked steak at Pinnacle Grill or savoring breakfast in bed with our complimentary 24-hour room service - our award-winning dining options offer something for everyone. We also offer culinary experiences that bring together flavors from around the world in one unforgettable meal:
- Savor wines curated by Holland America Line Wine Curator James Suckling or try an innovative cocktail by Master Mixologist and two-time James Beard Award winner Dale DeGroff.
- Indulge in delicious Asian fusion cuisine at Kai Sushi Bar & Teppan Grill (featuring live teppanyaki cooking). Or enjoy classic European-inspired dishes like bouillabaisse and escargot prepared tableside at Le Champagne Restaurant & Bar--the only restaurant onboard where you can dine while watching us sail away on our nightly Sunset Sailings!
Entertainment at Sea
- Sing along to chart-topping hits at Billboard Onboard.
- Rock out to the classics at the Rolling Stone Lounge.
- Hear enriching lectures or watch cutting-edge performances on our World Stage. During Days at Sea, explore our duty-free shopping options.
- Try your luck in the Casino or put your factoids to the test at Team Trivia
Wellness at Sea
The Greenhouse Spa & Salon® nourishes every aspect of your well-being with a variety of treatments featuring naturally sourced ingredients and time-honored techniques.
Invigorate your journey at our professionally staffed Fitness Center or head outside to the Sport Court. Holland America Line is also proud to be the first and only cruise line partner of the Professional Pickleball Association!
We have it all.
We have a history of innovation and award-winning service on the water, as well as across our brands. Our ships are designed to deliver an unparalleled experience at sea, with amenities that include:
- A variety of dining options including specialty restaurants and complimentary room service
- Onboard activities for all ages including kids' clubs, teen programs and fitness classes
- An array of activities including spa services & treatments (available at an additional cost), pools & hot tubs (not available on all cruises). We'll take you places you've never been before!
We have it all. Whether you're looking for adventure or relaxation, there's something for everyone on board our ships. And with so many destinations to choose from around the world, we can help make sure that your next vacation is truly unforgettable.